Friday, August 20, 2010

Whenever I'm at the grocery store and I see someone bring a huge cart of stuff into the express line, I always think, "What an inconsiderate a-hole." But since I'm kind of a coward, I never actually say anything out loud.

--This week, at a Piggly Wiggly grocery store in Saukville, Wisconsin, someone finally DID say something out loud. And things got UGLY.

--48-year-old James X. Cryns got into the 10-items-or-less line behind 56-year-old Grace Hernandez . . . who had 37 items in her cart.

--Apparently, when Grace got in the line there wasn't anyone waiting, so the cashier told her it was okay. But that wasn't good enough for James.

--He said, quote, "What is this? Eighty items at an express lane?" She responded, quote, "I got permission. Why, do you have a problem with that?" He responded, quote, "I do have a problem with that. You're fat and ugly."

--They kept arguing, and another customer called the police. A cop who was in the area came by. He witnessed James screaming and swearing . . . so he hit him with a $429 citation for disorderly conduct.

Earn some EZ Bucks in our VIP Club. Take our poll: How strictly should they enforce the "10 Items or Less" rule?

No comments: